My Current Skincare Routine and Products


In today’s post I am sharing with you my current skincare routine and the products that I use. They are mostly Korean and Japanese products, with a few French and U.S. products here and there. I do not use all products every day and in every routine. I like to change up the products depending on my skin’s condition, the weather and my ~mood~. But here are my general morning and evening skincare routines.

In the morning I like focus on hydration and anti-aging. It is important to prepare the skin for the outside weather and skin stressors. In the evening I focus more on cleansing, exfoliating and nourishing the skin.

Morning routine
Evening routine

         1. Cleansers

Oil-based cleanser: Lunamer AC Cleansing Oil
I use an oil-based cleanser as the first step in the evening to loosen up my makeup and sunscreen. It is part of my double-cleanse routine.

 Cleansing water: Bioderma Sebium H2O Micellar Water
Using micellar water is great to gently cleanse the skin in the morning, rather than using a regular cleanser. As a micellar water is not always the most effective way to remove makeup, I like to use it just to remove my sunscreen and light makeup. It’s also great on busy or lazy days which I know a lot about.

Water-based cleanser: COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
I only use this cleanser as the second step in my evening routine. I like it because it has a low ph.



   2. Exfoliants/Actives


-                  COSRX AHA Whitehead Power Liquid
I like to use an AHA exfoliant to remove the dead skin cells, increase the skin cell-turnover rate, reduce fine lines and aid in my acne treatment. I use it a couple times a week in the evening only.

-                 The Paula’s Choice RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA
This BHA exfoliant clears out the pores. I like to use this BHA product because it’s anti-inflammatory, removes blackheads, has antioxidants for anti-aging and diminishes fine lines. I use it also a couple times a week and in the evening as well.

-                The Paula’s Choice CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution 2%
I have a small-sized version, because I only use it when my acne is too annoying.
I only use these exfoliants because they are photosensitizing so they make the skin sensitive for sunlight. I use them as the third step in my evening skincare routine and leave them on for about 20 min.


3. Toners


-                 Son & Park Beauty Water
The Son & Park Beauty Water is an all-in-one product that can be used in a couple different ways. For me, I mainly use it as an exfoliating toner in the morning. But on evenings when I don’t use a chemical exfoliant, I use this instead. It makes the skin smooth and nice looking.

-                 Pyungkang Yul Essence Toner
As my skin is quite dehydrated I need to use a toner that is very hydrating. This toner is just that, very hydrating. It is a very straightforward product, as in it just provides hydration. When my skin is in need of extra hydration I use a couple layers.


4. Essences



                    SKII Facial Treatment Essence
I love essences. This is actually a first essence, which means it is supposed to be used after cleansing/exfoliating and before a toner. I use this product both in the morning and evening.

-                 Blithe 9 Essential Seeds Vital Treatment Essence
Here is another essence which can be used as both a toner and essence. It has some vitamin C and other properties that are good for skin brightening and hydrating. As this does not contain a large percentage of vitamin c, it does not make the skin photosensitive. I like to use it mainly in the morning due to the antioxidants present in the product, but it also works in the evening.


5. Serums/Ampoules


-                  Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum
This is a first serum, which is meant to be used after cleansing/exfoliating and before a toner. I use this both morning and evening after SKII and before my Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner. This serum is full of green tea, which contains antioxidants and hydrates and moisturises the skin.

-                 The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum
For someone who is dealing with acne all the fricking time and cares about aging, niacinamide or vitamin B3 is a great ingredient for this. This serum calms down the acne while adding moisture to the skin, increasing skin elasticity and improving the skin’s barrier. I use it both in the morning and evening after my essence and before any moisturizer.

-                  COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule
An ampoule is a more thick and concentrated type of serum. It should be used before any other serum and before a moisturizer. This propolis serum increases moisture-retention, makes the skin glow, is anti-bacterial and protects the skin’s natural lipid barrier. I use it just before my moisturizer in the evening.


6. Facial Oils

Evening Primrose Oil
-                  Jojoba Oil
          Tea Tree Oil 
     
     In the morning I use evening primrose oil and in the evening jojoba oil right before applying eye cream and moisturizer. I like to use facial oils to not only give extra moisture to my skin but also for the added skincare benefits. As for the tea tree oil, I like to add a few drops to my water-based cleanser when I am dealing with acne. I don’t like to burn myself.


      7. Eye Cream

-        Innisfree Jeju Orchid Flower Eye cream
I use this eye cream to hydrate and moisturize my eye area. I apply it in the morning and evening before my moisturizer. I find that a little goes a long way and does diminishes the appearance of fine lines.


8. Moisturizers and Overnight Masks


-                 COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask
I like to use this mask as a regular moisturizer during the day because it is very lightweight. It is also nice as a night mask during the summer.

-                  COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
This mask is great as both a moisturizer during the evening and an overnight mask. In the winter I find it to be just right during the day as well.


9. Lip Balms


-                 Shiro Lip Moisture Balm
Since I love pretty much anything yuzu, this lip balm is love. It smells and feels great.

-                  Laneige Lip Overnight Mask (Vanilla)
This lip balm or mask is very moisturizing and occlusive. Now don’t eat it just leave it be at night, although that can be difficult when you sleep….but anyways, the next morning my lips are very soft and smooth.

-                  L’Occitane Lip Balms in Cherry Blossom
The packaging is great so it is easy to take around with you and apply any time of the day.

-                  Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm SPF15
When you are in need of both sun protection and chocolate.


10. Sunscreen


-        La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra-Light Fluid SPF50
For me, the higher the protection the better. So this French sunscreen is highest protection and also the most my skin can handle. Applying very high protection sunscreens make my skin a grease ball, but this one is good. It has UVB 50 and UVA 42 protection, which makes me happy. I re-apply this one multiple times during the day.


     11. Masks


-                 Innisfree and the SAEM sheet masks
I really like sheet masks and I use them weekly. The ones I currently have are by Innisfree and the SAEM.


12. Face  Mist


-                  Shiro Yuzu Oil in Water
This facial mist is hydrating and moisturizing. As there is squalene, yuzu seed oil and yuzu peel oil present in the product, it will not dry out or dehydrate the skin.
[photo]

I change my skincare products and routine from time to time when I try out new products. This girl is all about searching for the right products and routine. So I am going to constantly update this blog. Additionally, I will write reviews soon on some of the products that I use, so look forward to that!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.